Surf lifesavers have a very positive contribution to make, on and off the beach and as each year passes we continue to experience strong growth in all our activities.
Today, SLSNT comprises of:
- An Administrative Centre in Nightcliff, Darwin.
- Australian Lifesaving Academy Northern Territory.
- Three affiliated clubs
- Darwin Surf Life Saving Club.
- Gove Peninsula Surf Life Saving Club.
- Mindil Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
- 24/7 Marine Search & Rescue Team.
- Australian Lifeguard Service Northern Territory, which provides lifeguard services at
- Darwin Wave Lagoon and Recreation Lagoon for the Darwin Waterfront Corporation.
- Mindil Beach for the Darwin City Council.
Professional services administered from SLSNT include lifesaving and first aid training, lifeguard services, aquatic risk assessment and advice and outdoor recreational programs. All services are customised and programmed to meet client needs.
Why we exist
To save lives.
We believe all Territorians should learn water safety skills and be provided with safe beaches, water environments and aquatic venues.
SLSNT works to achieve this by delivering lifesaving, development and sports programs for our members and the wider community. In addition, SLSNT manages and delivers accredited education and training services through our Academy and professional Lifeguard services through Australian Lifeguard Services NT.
Zero preventable deaths in NT coastal waters.
We save lives, create great Australians and build better communities.
- Extend lifesaving coverage to match community needs – using evidence to support decisions regarding community water safety needs, and having resources in place to support these decisions and needs.
- Develop our people – recruit and retain the best people through support and development of their skills and knowledge.
- Ensure a relevant & growing movement – to lead by example and develop a flexible and innovative organisation that can respond quickly in an ever-changing environment.
- Engage the community to participate and donate – Increase our public profile and encourage active participation by all community members.