Support us and you can help save a life.
It’s simple, by supporting our volunteer surf lifesavers you directly ensure that NT beaches are a safer place. With more and more visitors coming to the NT every year, Surf Life Saving NT is continually striving to make our marine environment as safe as possible.
Our dedicated volunteers need to have the right training and equipment to do their job which is to save lives. All monies raised are used to maintain and purchase rescue gear and equipment, enhance training and development programs for our lifesavers, expand community surf safety messages and fund aquatic safety research and development.
Surf Life Saving Foundation
The Surf Life Saving Foundation is the fundraising body for Surf Life Saving in Australia. We rely heavily on the support from the community to continue providing a vital service on keeping our beaches safe.
Saving life, protecting life, promoting life. Surf Life Saving epitomises the lifestyle, values and beliefs of the Australian culture.
Every time you make that conscious decision to swim between the red and yellow flags or take your family and friends to a patrolled beach, you are using the service.
The beach is free but actively providing this lifesaving service does cost, and with limited funds from government it really is community donations that keep us afloat.
Every day that volunteer surf lifesavers are on patrol, they save lives and much more. In the 2014/15 patrol season, your support helped our volunteers:
- Perform 12,690 rescues
- Provide 42,424 First Aid treatments
- Commit over 1.3 million patrol hours
- Educate over 500,000 children in beach safety and surf awareness
- Perform over 1.2 million preventative actions
- Establish and maintain beach patrols at 313 Surf Life Saving Clubs Australia-wide
- Operate 59 Support Operations Services including Rescue and Surveillance Helicopter services, Jet Rescue Boats, Rescue Water Craft and Surfcom Communications Networks to name a few.
Everyday Australians can help, and every day we will save lives. Help volunteer surf lifesavers continue to put life first.
To make a donation, please click here.