Get Involved in the SAR Team!
Andrew McGuiness (Benchie) is running an Elements of Shipboard Safety in the evening for the next few weeks (program below).
Participants who complete the course will be able to act as a crewie on Lifesaver 1 for search and rescue callouts and commercial operations.
The cost to attend the course is free.
If you are interested in completing this course please contact Sam Edwards (email@example.com)
Elements of Shipboard Safety Program
Location: Casuarina Senior College Maritime Facility
|Monday 25th September*||1800 - 2100||Maritime Facility|
|Monday 9th October||1800 - 2100||Maritime Facility|
|Monday 16th October||1630 - 1800||Fire Fighting Training - college|
|Monday 16th October||1930 - 2100||Casuarina Pool|
|Wednesday 23rd October||1800 - 2100||Maritime Facility|
*Benchie has offered to reschedule the first session for the following week at Surf House if unable to make Monday 25th.
Eligibility requirements for Coxswain application (further training)
- First Aid Certificate
- Certificate II Maritime Operations
- Eyesight test – has to be conducted by an optometrist (Checking for colour blindness)
- Self-Declaration of Medical Fitness
- Short Range Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency – VHF (SROCP formerly known as MROVCP)
- Sea time:
- 30 days (7.5 hours = 1 day) on a commercial vessel and a completed task book
- 240 days on vessels greater than 5 metres – recreational/sailing or commercial vessels. You cannot count time as a paying passenger.