An exciting opportunity exists for reliable, friendly and energetic team players to become lifeguards with Surf Life Saving NT, working across locations in Darwin and Palmerston.
Lifeguard responsibilities include supervision of the aquatic environment, ensuring the highest standard of public supervision and safety, communicating in a positive manner with patrons, and responding in emergency situations.
No Experience Needed - All Training Provided
To be suitable for this role, applicants must:
- be over 16 years of age.
- have a moderate level of fitness and be able to complete a 400m swim in under 9 mins.
- possess, or have the ability to get, an NT Ochre Card.
- have the ability to determine priorities, make sound judgements and respond appropriately under pressure.
- have good oral and written communication skills.
- be willing and able to work flexible hours, seven days a week including Public Holidays.
Successful applicants will be provided with all training required for the position, which includes:
- SLSA Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- First Aid Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Spinal Management Certificate
Preference will be given to applicants able to start immediately and commit to employment for more than six months.
Applicants that meet the criteria above will be invited to complete a 400m swim test before continuing through the selection process.
Alternatively email your resume and application form through to email@example.com.
Due to the number of applicants expected, only those successful will be contacted.