Two exciting opportunities exist to join our team
Looking for reliable, friendly and energetic team players to become lifeguards, working across locations in Darwin and Palmerston.
No Experience Needed - All Training Provided
Lifeguard responsibilities include:
- supervision of the aquatic environment,
- ensuring the highest standard of public supervision and safety,
- communicating in a positive manner with patrons, and
- responding in emergency situations.
**Applicants that meet the key attributes will be invited to complete a 400m swim test, this must be passed before applicants can continue through the selection process (400m swim tests - mid October and Training - early November).
Reporting to the Education & Development Manager, the Development Officer will be responsible for growth, innovation and development of surf sports and assisting clubs with provision of member development opportunities in the NT.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with stakeholders to develop, and maintain, a participation pathway, including events and activities that increase participation and improve member retention.
- Provide administration support to NT representative teams.
- Ensure volunteers have the skills and knowledge to provide a quality surf sport experience.
- Promote surf lifesaving through school, and other identified, activities.
- Work with clubs to identify and resolve issues impacting member recruitment and retention and assist in running club development opportunities.
- Manage regular communications with members and stakeholders through the use of social media, website and newsletters.
- Show due regard for the rules, regulations, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures of SLSNT and Surf Life Saving Australia at all times.