Session 1 - Wednesday 14 June 5-8pm
Session 2 - Sunday 25 June TBA
SLSNT office and Mindil Beach/ Casuarina Beach
$40 for active members of NT SLS club
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and experience required to manage a beach and a team in emergency and non-emergency situations.
The course is aimed at people wishing to be Patrol Captains, Team Leader, Duty Captain and similar roles.
Units of Competency
- PUATEA002B Work autonomously
- PUAOPE027A Undertake beach safety management activities
- BSBFLM312C Contribute to team effectiveness
These units form a part of the nationally recognised qualification PUA31312 Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue).
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment
- hold the Bronze Medallion award and the Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
and be proficient in ONE of the following:
o Bronze Medallion
o Radio Operator Certificate
o Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
o Apply (Senior) First Aid