Bronze Medallion / Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
The aim of the Bronze Medallion / Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) course is to provide participants with the knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations.
Safety and wellbeing
Surf awareness and skills
The human body
Defibrillation and basic oxygen
Carries and supports
- be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
- have completed a minimum of 400m swim in nine minutes or less, in a swimming poolof not less than 25 metres or over a measured open water course before any training starts in the surf and/or deep water.
After successfully completing the training, participants will obtain a nationally recognised Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) PUA21004 and the SLSA Bronze Medallion.
This qualification comprises of the following 8 units of competency:
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
- PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
- PUAOHS001C Follow defined occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- PUAOPE002B Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR009B Participate in an aquatic rescue operation
- PUASAR012B Apply surf awareness and self rescue skills
- PUATEA001B Work in a team
- PUATEA004C Work effectively in a public safety organisation
For more information on our courses please contact:
SLSNT Education Manager
Phone: (08) 89856588