SLSNT is looking for a creative and innovative professional to join our small collaborative team and be responsible for the delivery and coordination of all our event, marketing and communication needs.
This position's main responsibilities are:
- Creation and coordination of a program of events to maximise community patronage at Leanyer Recreation Park and Palmerston Water Park.
- Successful delivery of SLSNT member events including NT Championships and Awards of Excellence.
- Management of our online and social media presence including delivery of strategies to increase profile and membership.
The position is full-time, and fixed term through to 30 June 2024.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to pass a criminal history check, gain an NT Ochre Card and hold a current open drivers’ licence.
- Be fully vaccinated with the appropriate number of doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- Possess highly effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Be able to work constructively with a wide range of stakeholders, including contractors, community organisations, contract partners and staff.
- Have sound project management skills and experience, preferably gained in a community event environment.
- Have high level administrative and organisational skills including risk management.
- Have a proven ability to deliver marketing and communications campaigns that exceed expectations, with limited budget expenditure whilst protecting a well-known brand.
- Be self-motivated and show initiative and innovation to solve complex problems.
- Bring a high level of maturity and judgement to the role.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours, including after hours and weekends.
Want to join our team?
Your application should be submitted through seek.com and include your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Applications close at 11.59pm Wednesday 30 March 2022 however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia.
We are committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All applicants must undergo an screening process prior to appointment.
Contact CEO, Samantha Farrow
Phone: 08 8985 6588
Updated 28 February 2022