Lifeguards are responsible for supervision of the aquatic environment, ensuring the highest standard of public supervision and safety, communicating in a positive manner with patrons, and responding in emergency situations.
**Applicants that meet the key attributes will be invited to complete a 400m swim test - this is a 400m swim in the Darwin Waterfront Recreation Lagoon in under 9 minutes.
Applicants must pass the swim test to continue through the selection process as it is a requirement of our Bronze Medallion trianing.
Successful applicants will be provided with all required training for the role, which includes:
- SLS Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- First Aid Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Spinal Management Certificate
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
**Applicants invited to complete training will be paid for their time, and will be guaranteed a job on successful completion of training.
About You (key attributes)
- You are over 16 years of age and able to obtain an NT Ochre Card.
- You have a moderate level of fitness and are able to complete a 400m swim in under 9 minutes.
- You have a professional and courteous approach, excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are able to multi task in a busy environment.
- You are willing and able to work flexible hours, seven days a week including Public Holidays.
- You are able to commit to employment for more than six months.
Want to join our team?
If you believe you meet the Key Attributes and are interested in the position, we encourage you to apply through Seek.com.
Make sure to upload your most recent Resume.
- 400m Swim Test will be run from 27th April to 4th June - only need to attend one session.
- Lifeguard training will run from 1st June to 11th June.
Lifeguard Postition Description