Lifeguards are responsible for supervising the aquatic environment, ensuring the highest standard of public supervision and safety, communicating in a positive manner with patrons, and responding in emergency situations.
Successful applicants will be provided with all the training required for the role, which includes:
- SLS Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- First Aid Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Spinal Management Certificate
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
About You (key attributes)
- You are over 17 years of age and able to obtain an NT Ochre Card.
- You have a good level of fitness and can swim 400m swim in under 9 minutes.
- You are professional and courteous in your manner and have excellent communication skills.
- You are able to multi task in a busy environment.
- You are willing and able to work flexible hours, seven days a week including Public Holidays.
- You are able to commit to employment for more than six months.
**Applicants invited to complete training will be paid for their time, and will be guaranteed a job on successful completion of training.
Want to join our team?
If you believe you have what it takes to be a lifeguard, then please apply through Seek.com.
Make sure to upload your most recent Resume.
Applicants that have what it takes will be invited to complete a swim test. This is a 400m swim in under 9 minutes in the Darwin Waterfront Recreation Lagoon. Applicants must pass the swim test to continue through the selection process as it is a requirement of our Bronze Medallion training.
- 400m Swim Test will be run between the 8 - 13 September 2021.
- Lifeguard training will start Monday 27 September 2021.
Lifeguard Postition Description