Friday 8 May
Last week the NT Government released the Road Map to the New Normal – more details available here.
The NT Government has created steps to help SLS restart while managing our safety responsibilities around COVID-19. This includes the creation of a COVID-19 Safety Plan and the completion of the COVID-19 Safety Plan Checklist.
Whilst SLS is a community organisation, as some of our activities include surf sports and Nippers it is recommended that all clubs complete the COVID-19 checklist for sport and active recreation organisations. The key principles remain the same regardless of whether you are a community organisation or sporting organisation – but the sporting organisation checklist covers our activities a little better. For clubs operating a bar or food business you will need to refer to the Guidelines for Food Businesses and complete that specific checklist as well.
Key principles to achieve the new normal
Moving to the next steps depends on the achievement of Territorians following these principles:
Personal and community responsibility
- Ensure you are following these principles in your daily life.
- Encourage your family and friends to follow these principles in their daily life.
- Take responsibility - it is only if the community work together that we will keep the NT safe.
- A minimum space of 1.5 metres between you and other people that aren’t from your household.
- If you need to be facing another person and closer than 1.5 metres apart minimise contact to less than 15 minutes.
- Avoid touching your face and cough and sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow.
- Hand washing with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before and after any contact with surfaces such as playground equipment that is used by more than one person.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are touched by more than one person – e.g. phones, door handles, benches, equipment, toys etc.
- Avoid sharing cups, utensils and cigarettes.