Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SLSNT were forced to cancel the 2020 Sea Swift NT Surf Life Saving Championships.
To ensure that our volunteers don’t miss out, SLSNT have designed an alternative surf sport event, aiming to be family orientated, boost participation and overall, be fun.
Modified Mania will see modified surf sport rules used within a modified surf sport arena. All disciplines will run as team relays, not as individual races. Competitors will be awarded points for placing within events, which will go to their allocated surf club. The surf club with the highest point score will be deemed the MODIFIED MANIA CHAMPION.
WHEN: Saturday 12 September 2020
TIME: 8am Start
WHERE: Darwin Surf Life Saving Club
- Nippers (8 to 10 years of age)
- Youth (11 to 13 years of age)
- U19s (14 to 18 years of age)
- Opens/Masters (19 years of age +)
- Swim - 1 x Youth, 2 x U19s, 1 x Opens
- Board - 1 x Nipper, 1 x Youth, 1 x U19s, 1 x Opens
- Ski - 1 x U19s (age limited) & 2 x Opens OR 2 x U19s (age limited) & 1 x Open
- Wade - 1 x Nipper, 1 x Youth, 1 x U19, 1 x Opens
- Cameron Relay - 2 x Nipper, 2 x Youth
- Modified Lifesaver Relay - 1 x Nipper, 1 x Youth, 1 x U19s, 1 x Opens & 1 x Boat Crew.
- Beach Relay (if time permits) - 1 x Nipper, 1 x Youth, 1 x U19, 1 x Opens.
Register individually using the online registration form: https://form.jotform.com/SLSNT/modmania
Teams will be made up by SLSNT pending registrations.
Registrations close 12 noon Tuesday 8 September, so get your registration in now.
**SLSNT reserves the right to cancel the event if there are insufficient registrations received.
MODIFIED MANIA COURSE DIAGRAM
MODIFIED MANIA RULES
MODIFIED MANIA POSTER